Tuesday, 20 December 2016

Changes to my study program

I don’t know how many changes I would do, because just this year architecture in the Universidad de Chile changed his program. The new program, in my opinion, it’s more interesting, there are less math, science and stuff, but there are more urbanism and specialized chosen subjects, also, the career least less and there are more free time.
Despite that I think that this year the schedules were very well adjusted, I think that the career still being too long, I mean, compared with the same career but in others universities, from other countries, like in Europe, where architecture last like  4 years.
I think that the infrastructure of this university isn’t very good. The university have problems with cleaning it, there aren’t enough workers to do all that job. There are a good system of providing tool for the students in “El Hoyo”, but what this faculty needs it’s a nursing, Here the people work every day, but, What would happen if there´s an accident? This place should be prepared for this kind of problems.
Now, talking about technology, I don’t know how prepared is this university. I know that there’s a lot of computers, a laser printer, normal printers and a few plotters, also a projector in most of the classrooms. I would set more and better printers and plotters. I know that it isn’t cheap, but is required in this career.
I think that the teaching methods are very demanding and tough, but I wouldn’t change it, because, for years it has been the way to teach architecture, I don’t know if a change would be good.

Resultado de imagen para fau arquitectura

No comments:

Post a Comment